Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blogs, Websites and Links

Hi,

I'm taking care of the blog for Sandra and have been setting up a few different things on it.

One of the things you may have noticed is the list of links on the right sidebar. Each member who has a website or webpage listed on the Focus Art website has been listed here. Also, if you have a blog, let me know and I'll post it here also. All sites, pages and blogs will be included for members only. You can send me your info at focusartblog@yahoo.ca

Or, if you want to be deleted, you can let me know that, too.

The blog is interactive so if you have any comments you'd like to appear on it, just use the link below the post.

A question I'm often asked is why have a blog AND a website? A website is like having your own permanent online art gallery. You post finished artwork there like you'd hang the artwork in a gallery, changing it if you like, but it's always there to be seen.

A blog, on the other hand, is not the same thing. It's more like your studio - a place where people can come and watch you work, see unfinished pieces, talk and hear about your thoughts on the painting being worked on.

While a gallery provides a permanent display, a blog's posts keep rolling down.

Blogs are free! Why not create one today? When you do, let me know and I'll post it here!

Deb Leger

No comments: